The Red Blazer Restaurant and Pub
What's New at the Red Blazer
What's New in 2013
Castle in the Clouds Gala Event
The Red Blazer Restaurant catered a Gala event to raise funds to restore the Castle in the Clouds historic "Lucknow" estate. It was a benefit fundraiser held at the Castle by the Preservation Society.
We served some scrumptious butler-style appetizers: shrimp cocktail, scallops wrapped in bacon, beef wellington (tenderloin with onions & mushrooms in a puff pastry), pico de gallo grilled chicken on edible tortilla spoons (fresh salsa with cilantro & grilled chicken), citrus lobster salad with roasted fennel & blood orange vinaigrette, and mini crab cakes with a spicy chipotle mayo.
mini crab cakes with a spicy chipotle mayo
citrus lobster salad with roasted fennel and a blood orange vinaigrette
pico de gallo grilled chicken on edible tortilla spoons (fresh salsa with cilantro & grilled chicken)
beef wellington (tenderloin with onions & mushrooms in a puff pastry)
- Station 1: imported cheeses & crackers with candied nuts, marinated olives, mozzarella, tomatoes & artichokes and veggies with blue cheese dressing in shot glasses
- Station 2: made-to-order lobster stuffed sage raviolis and a greek endive salad
- Station 3: made-to-order risotto with filet tips, butternut squash, parmesan cheese and wild mushroom portabello
marinated olives, mozzarella, tomatoes & artichokes
imported cheese with candied nuts
The dessert bar included white-chocolate-dipped cornets with champagne mousse and white chocolate raspberry ganache filled tips, martini glass cheesecakes and chocolate fruit sushi with a plum teriyaki dipping sauce.
chocolate fruit sushi with a plum teriyaki dipping sauce
martini glass cheesecakes
The Castle's Preservation Society's goal is to restore the historic mansion "Lucknow" to its former glory by its 100th anniversary in 2014.
In Memory of Lula Knouse
Lula Knouse, 43, was granted her wings on June 3, 2012. Her quick wit, sense of humor and courage brought great joy to all and taught us to face life's challenges. Head on. Lula had been working at the Red Blazer as a Manager. She felt as though her co-workers were part of her family.
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Red Blazer, we would like to extend a huge thank you to everyone that made it possible to fulfill Lula’s wish of having her name placed in the Garden of Hope at Concord, NH’s Memorial field!
About Lula Knouse
"I love my life and my amazing family and that's why I will win this battle." Lula Knouse
Although time has passed from the loss of our dearest friend and special member of the Red Blazer family-it is still very difficult to accept. An empty space remains in our hearts and in the restaurant. But as we try to let go of the grief, let us never forget that Lula’s incredibly positive attitude brought us inspiration, it helped ground us and made us all realize the truly important things worth fighting for in this life. Lula's genuine love and caring for her family, friends, and seemingly endless acquaintances helped us understand why she was and still is a super star.
In the Red Blazer's 13 year history, we have never seen a such capacity overflow crowds like we did when we asked a show of support during Lula’s most important fight of her life. Like the champion she was, Lula fought a fight and continued to fight all the way to the bitter end and not once complained or veered from believing she would win her battle with that horrible enemy called "cancer." It's also important to note that far too many others are fighting the same fight and that our work to defeat this enemy is not done.
Lula's wish to be a top earner for this important cause was in hope that one day no one would have to go through the devastating effects this horrible disease brings to individuals and their loved ones..
The goal and Lula's wish has been achieved-and by the looks of it Lula's Peeps will more than likely take a top spot at this year's Cancer Walk Fundraiser. Knowing Lula, (while looking down on us with one of her memorable smiles) she'll be pulling some strings from above still fighting for the cause she most ardently believed in. I can hear her now, "Are you kidding me… you guys are crazy!"
Again, on behalf of myself and the amazing Red Blazer staff, a huge THANK YOU to everyone who helped make Lula's wish come true and for continuing to support this cause that must remain front and center until a cure is found.
Red Blazer Customer Testimonials
Bryan, our waiter was excellent, very conscientious and polite and efficient. Did a great job of keeping my water glass filled – I really appreciate that! Pete
As usual, great job! I always like trying new things here! Have a great Valentines Day! James
Great service! Great Food! Thank you! Brad & Sue
Always a pleasant experience. Linda
Our Efforts to Go Green
We have made major strides at our restaurant to go green.
- We have converted all 275 recessed lights here at the Red Blazer to new and improved dimmable fluorescent lights by LiteTronics.
- These new bulbs use 8 watts of energy.
- They have a 2-year warranty (which far exceeds the life of the standard bulbs we used to use). Go to www.litetronics.com to find out more details.
- For the past year, we have been successfully operating our new Kings Built Multi Fuel Oil Burner.
- We have been producing all of the restaurants hot water by burning out our own Used Vegetable Oil.
- We filter our own oil on site and use the waste water from the dish washer to transfer heat to the Vegetable oil. If you would like to learn more stop by the Blazer or visit www.amenico.com.
- Recently we installed a new high efficiency ADC-44 dishwasher.
- This dishwasher consumes half of the water our previous machine did.
- This machine also has the ability to wash 244 racks per hour (up from 175).
- The machine can handle 6 sheet pans at a time as opposed to one sheet pan previously. We have realized an impressive savings in energy costs and water reduction.
- One of the more interesting "Green" technologies that we have implemented here would be the Dyson Air Blade. This technology is the first of its kind. This hand dryer is the first hand dryer that you will use that actually works.
- The Air Blade is 99.9% hygienic, which means this is actually a cleaner way to dry your hands than paper towels.
- With conservative estimates we will eliminate close to 100 rolls of paper towels per year. At this time we are the only NH location to feature the Dyson Air Blade and are a registered demo site for the company. Don’t be afraid to check this out when you stop in. You will be amazed.
- We have also now implemented Green Wave containers for customers to take home their leftovers.
- With the help of Bottle Disintegration Systems, we have continued to crush and recycle close to 700 lbs per week of beer, wine, liquor bottles, and broken glassware.
- We have managed to reduce trash removal costs by close to half and realize our return on investment within the first 4 to 5 months.
Our efforts caught the eye of the New Hampshire Travel Council, which awarded The Red Blazer Restaurant the coveted 2008 NH Sustainable Business Award for its dedication to the environment and its contribution to tourism.
Blazer Rewards Gift Cards
Attention Frequent Customers: We have a reward for you.
Wouldn't it be nice to earn some sort of reward for being such a great customer? Well, we finally have that reward for you. You can now dine with us and accumulate points at the same time. All you need is a Blazer Rewards card. Then you'll begin to stack up points. You can hoard them if you like or redeem them on your very next visit.
How to join: Fill out a Blazer Rewards application at The Red Blazer and give the completed form to your server or manager.
Remember, it is not a credit card. It is only a method of accruing points and rewarding our frequent customers. You can ask your server for an application or download one as a PDF form now and bring it with you on your next visit.
NOTE: Maximum of 100 points can be earned per day.